Welcome to the Media Room! Here you will find our media releases, media credential request applications, high resolution festival images, important dates and official PSAs.
MerleFest Mission: MerleFest was founded in 1988 in memory of Eddy Merle Watson as a fundraiser for Wilkes Community College and to celebrate “traditional plus” music.
MerleFest Media Contact:
Amber Herman, Public Relations Officer PO Box 120 Wilkesboro, NC 28697 (336) 838-6292, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for media credentials for MerleFest 2016 will be accepted 01/18/2016 – 03/18/2016.
- 10/01/15 – Online volunteer applications accepted
- 10/01/15 – Chris Austin Songwriting Contest (CASC) entries accepted online and by mail – Early Bird Pricing ($25 per entry) offered during October and November
- 10/01/15 – Vendor applications accepted
- 11/10/15 – Opening day ticket sales at 2 p.m.
- 11/30/15 – Last day for early bird CASC pricing entry
- 11/30/15 – Early Bird Entry Pricing for the CASC Ends
- 1/18/16 – 3/18/16 – Media credential request applications accepted
- 1/31/16 – Vendor application deadline
- 02/01/2016 – Deadline to enter the CASC
- 3/18/2016 Media Credential Forms Online
- 4/15/16 – Volunteer cancellation without penalty
- 4/22/16 – Volunteer application deadline
- 04/28/16 -05/01/16 – MerleFest 2016
MerleFest Radio Hour – Click below to listen to past episodes!
For the latest Media Releases, please visit our MerleFest Facebook Notes
MerleFest 2015 Photo Gallery, please visit our MerleFest Flickr account
MerleFest History – Click on any of the links below to read, watch and enjoy our festival’s rich history…
MerleFest Reflections – Remembering Doc Watson – Remembering Merle Watson – Remembering RosaLee Watson – Remembering Richard Watson – Who is Flattop? – Newsletter Archives – MerleFest 25 Reflection Videos – Past Lineups