Welcome to the Press Room! Here you will find our press releases, media credential request applications, hi-res festival images, important dates and official PSA announcements
MerleFest Mission: MerleFest was founded in 1988 in Memory of Eddy Merle Watson as a fundraiser for Wilkes Community College and to celebrate “traditional plus” music.
MerleFest Media Contacts:
Judy McDonough, MerleFest Publicist (615) 243-5994, firstname.lastname@example.org
Amber Herman, Public Relations Officer PO Box 120 Wilkesboro, NC 28697 (336) 838-6292, email@example.com
The Media Credential Application period ended on Friday, March 20.
- 10/01/15 – Online volunteer applications accepted
- 10/01/15 – Chris Austin Songwriting Contest entries accepted online and by mail
- 10/01/15 – Vendor applications accepted
- 11/10/15 – Opening day ticket sales at 2 p.m.
- TBD – Last day for early bird CASC pricing entry
- 1/18/16 – 3/18/16 – Media credential request applications accepted
- 1/31/16 – Vendor application deadline
- TBD – Last day for CASC regular pricing entry
- 4/15/16 – Volunteer cancellation without penalty
- 4/22/16 – Volunteer application deadline
- 04/28 -05/01/16 – MerleFest 2016
MerleFest Radio Hour – Listen to past episodes here!
MFR: Show 1:
For the latest Press Releases, please visit our MerleFest Facebook Notes
MerleFest 2015 Photo Gallery, please visit our MerleFest Flickr account
MerleFest History, please click on any of the links below to read, watch and enjoy our festivals rich history…
MerleFest Reflections – Remembering Doc Watson – Remembering Merle Watson – Remembering Rosa Lee Watson – Rembering Richard Waston – Who is Flattop? – Newsletter Archives – MerleFest 25 Reflection Videos – Past Lineups