MerleFest, presented by Window World, is the primary fund raiser for Wilkes Community College which is a member of the North Carolina Community College System. MerleFest will continue following state health guidelines related to COVID-19 as directed by the state of North Carolina, along with the CDC and our local government health agencies. Our #1 priority has always been to produce a safe and family friendly event for all attendees.
Guidance from the CDC and health experts around the world states that getting vaccinated and staying up to date on COVID-19 vaccines and boosters is highly effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalizations and death due to COVID-19. MerleFest strongly encourages everyone to vaccinate to protect yourself and others. Be assured that we are maintaining communications with our state and local health agencies to ensure compliance with the latest directives. We ask for your support to protect your safety AND the safety of all participants. Together, WE CAN do this the right way – THE MERLEFEST WAY!
The following safety protocol will be in effect for MerleFest 2023. *All protocol is subject to change.*
- Buses will be sanitized periodically, and hand sanitizer will be available prior to boarding shuttle buses.
- Masks will be available for use as needed on all busses, van shuttles and at the main entrance.
- Hand sanitizer and hand wash stations will be available in all areas of the festival.
- All buildings on campus have been upgraded with bi-polar ionization air filters.
- Dining areas, bathrooms, and high touch areas will be continuously cleaned throughout the festival.
- Representatives from Wilkes EMS, Wilkesboro Fire Department, and local law enforcement will be on site throughout the festival to handle health and safety needs.
- Representatives from the Wilkes County Health Department will be on site during the festival to monitor health practices in all areas of the festival including all areas where food is served.
We deeply appreciate your patience and support. If you have specific questions, feel free to contact the MerleFest box office 800-343-7857 or email us at email@example.com. We hope to see you at MerleFest this spring!