Acoustic Kids Showcase
Once again MerleFest is offering Acoustic Kids Showcases for young musicians.These are showcases, not contests! Young pickers and singers of any skill level (through age 16) have opportunities to perform on the festival stage in a supportive environment. Accompanists may be any age, and bands are eligible as long as at least one featured performer is 16 years of age or younger.
As a show, the Acoustic Kids Showcases are not for kids only; they are for music lovers of all ages. Come applaud the efforts of the next generation of pickers, singers and other traditional style performers. You will be treated to an Oprystyle stream of young entertainers who will warm your heart and take your breath away. And you’ll come away knowing that the future of our music is in good hands.
APPLICATION & INSTRUCTIONS:
Apply online on February 1, 2018
- Please read the full Application Instructions before filling out the application. It will help you!!
- Online Applications are available here.
- Mail In Applications can be downloaded here.
- You will need to have one to three demos ready to include with this application. Please see the Demo Nitty-Gritty for details.
Please help us get the word out! Send this page to any eligible young musicians you know who may be interested in applying for the Acoustic Kids Showcases. For more information about the history and philosophy behind Andy May’s youth performance showcases, please visit www.acoustickids.com. Visit our Facebook page to stay up to date with us!
2018 Showcase Schedule:
- Friday afternoon/evening: 5:30pm - 7:00pm - Walker Center
- Saturday morning: 10:30am-12:00 Noon - Dance Stage
- Saturday afternoon: 4:00pm-5:30pm - Austin Stage
- Ambassadors: Saturday evening: 7:00pm-7:30pm - Cabin Stage
Note: Participation in the Acoustic Kids Showcases does not give you or your family members free admission to the festival. Everyone over the age of 12 must purchase a ticket, and children under the age of 12 are admitted free only if accompanied by a paying adult.